Friday, November 21, 2014

Time Off From Being Unemployed

Surviving being unemployed is hard work. Like all hard work we need time to step away from it.
Being constantly absorbed with the uncertainty of the future, reassessing your career goals and dealing with the emotions of a recent lay off takes it's toll.

My husband took me out on a date night -
Only rules are - no talking about my recent lay off, job search or career goals.  Through some generosity of my husbands workplace (Harry Brown's Family Automotive) we had tickets to the Gophers Game.  It was a Minnesota blow out and just fun to get out.



We used to do these date nights when the kids were little. We even used to make it mandatory to not talk about our children on these date nights.  It might be strange that by not talking about or getting away from our children for an evening could make us better parents but it really does. On that same note getting away (at least mentally) from the stresses of being laid off and my impending job search and career change is a good step for me to be just me and adjust to the new normal.

*Trues Confessions* - When we would go on the date nights when the kids were little we would call the babysitter before we would head home to make sure the kids were asleep so we could avoid the bedtime ritual that night... #badparents!

*Advertising Disclaimer* - Please feel free to use the link to Harry Browns if you are looking for a car but you MUST ask for my husband Dave Wilson. Any extra car sales for him are a good thing right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment