Thursday, November 20, 2014

Leisure Time

One thing about being unemployed is that you have time to take advantage of all of the things in your community that are available to you.

A trip to the library is good and it is a great place to pick up a good novel that you have been wanting to read but now is also the time to read some of those "change your life' books.


I can't yet recommend these titles because I haven't read them yet but I would recommend a life changing book I own.  It is Brene' Brown's "The Gifts of Imperfection." If you haven't read it - you should!

The other thing you can do with a little leisure time is play around on your home computer and figure out how all the doodads work.  Here is what I learned to do yesterday:


Well, here is a better one: 

I also started my Pilates class.  After last weekend's binge on comfort food I needed to get my body moving.  After commuting an hour to work everyday I discovered some muscles besides the ones I sit on.

As I was leafing through the community services offerings I noticed how many wonderful things we have for the Senior Citizens in our community. I was thinking that it will be so nice when I retire.   Then I noticed that they were for people 50 years old and up! I already qualify for senior community activities!!!

No way - Back to Pilates class - I am not ready for that much leisure!  I think I am done blogging for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment