Friday, March 20, 2015

Wish me luck and say a prayer.

Wish me luck and say a prayer.

I am taking off this weekend for 5 days alone at my sister cabin in northern Minnesota.
When I planned this "retreat" it was at a time when I felt I still needed to get some of that yuck out of my soul.  Even with the time that has past and my moving on, occasionally I feel that anger, disappointment, angst and pain of being laid off resurface.   I am finally, I believe, past that now but I am still taking the retreat.

Having worked as a teacher for 10 weeks was a good transition for me and leaving there was so different from when I was laid off.  For one thing it was my choice and and for another - I had a beautiful send off.  Just look at the the picture of the door to my classroom the last days I was teaching.

The kind words the students wrote to me lifted my heart and restored my soul in a way other people and circumstances just couldn't. God had a purpose for me  being there at this time.  A purpose for both myself and the students I hope.

So now I am faced with my next steps.
I will go on this retreat to find out what that is going to be.
Exciting huh! and scary....

I plan to use the time to pray, read, walk and write.  I have been toying at this writing thing and now I need to jump in.
I have outlined a book/manual on healing. It is something I think this blog has helped me with. I hope to intersperse some personal stories from my life and others along with the practical advice I have received along the way.

Like prayer - I find I would rather write and talk about prayer rather than do it and now with writing - I find I would rather write about writing than get to the writing! Ugg!

With that - I better get going!
Pray for me...
Come Holy Spirit Come!

No comments:

Post a Comment